Hey! Check it out! We’ve been named for the Liebster Award! First of all, I’d like to thank Morrighan for nominating me, so please check out her website!
Naturally there are those pesky rules to which one must abide. (1) Thank the person who nominated you & do link back to their site! (2) Tell 11 things about yourself. This is the one I find the most difficult. (3) Nominate 11 bloggers for this award and let them know by linking back to your post (4) ask nominees 11 questions. Some people make up their own, some use the questions they were asked.
And so, without further ado we get to the most difficult part.
Eleven Things About Your Blog Hostess (with attempts to amuse & enlighten)
- A wine glass popped in my hand & I got stitches for the first time last Wednesday. (I am typing this one-handed.)
- I verbally abuse the iPhone-assistant Siri as if “she” were a servant in my dukedom’s manor. I programmed her to address me as “your Grace’. She doesn’t say it enough.
- I have two cats, Otto & Ilkka. They’re brothers, Valentines (yesterday) was their second birthday. No I am not one of those weirdos who throws birthday parties for their cats, don’t worry.
- I have two brothers of my own. Matt works in a wine shop & just became a dad; Danny-aka-Beavis is an aerospace engineer. (He doesn’t like the word “physicist”.)
- At any point in my life I seem to be suffering from either narcolepsy or insomnia. Today it’s the former.
- My mother is listed as “the Dowager Countess” in my contacts. (#downtonabbey) I’m getting back at her for telling me my hair always looks “fried” over Christmas. With backhanded comments like that, who needs a mother-in-law?
- I only enjoy shopping in Spain (or other Mediterranean countries). The clothing actually fits because I’m of average height there, not pixie-size like the US.
- I hate cleaning the tub/shower. For some reason it takes me about two hours. The tiles in our apartment are so old that you can’t tell the difference anyway. Instead, I shower exclusively at the gym.
- I LOVE speaking in front of large crowds…I know, I’m strange. I used to act but I couldn’t relate to other actors. The insecurity/ego combo made my mind spin. Plus, they played the “Rent” soundtrack backstage nonstop. (I remembered this fact ‘cos I’m required to talk about myself…which is the only thing that those actors did more than listen to “Rent”.)
- I’ve grown to despise email. On Monday it took me two hours just to delete all the spam. Somehow, when you “unsubscribe” to something, they still keep mailing you!
- I am a good dancer and have studied disciplines from ballet to tango to Bharata Natyam. I was a very promising ballerina. It’s the only job for which I have a physical advantage (petite w/too-long arms & legs, extra-arching feet). I couldn’t stand the backstage vibe there either. [You've seen "Black Swan"? It was like that minus the stabbing & lesbian kiss.] Leave it to me to quit the only thing at which I had an unfair advantage but my love of mashed potato sandwiches and friendly girls won out.
the “heavenly eleven” winners, in no particular order
- the History Vault
- map of time | a trip into the past
- lorraine’s oo la la
- Angelyn’s Blog
- the way of the chiro
- the rose of europe
- the café royal
- shelly the witch
11 Questions I pulled out of nowhere for the Heavenly 11 listed above
- If you were a vending machine snack, which would you be? (And you can’t say the raisins!)
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What’s your least favorite thing about blogging?
- Use at least 5 words to describe your personality.
- What are the 10 places in the world you have to see before you die? (I’m not using or even writing the term b*ck^t l!$t cos I can’t stand it.)
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Do you think your perception of yourself is the same as how others see you?
- What’s your earliest memory? How old were you?
- Do you feel like your astrological sign describes you fairly accurately?
- If you could travel to any time and place in history, when and where would you go?
- Desert Island: one book, one meal, one beverage, one album. Which are they?
And finally, my answers to the 11 questions from Morrighan;
Describe yourself in 11 words.
[pouting] Didn’t I just talk enough about myself? Hmm. *11 words, not 11 adjectives.
- graceful-yet-clumsy (I can be both. It’s a talent.)
- cartoon that escaped into the real world*
What’s your favorite way to relax?
Exercise then unwind in a cloud of kaya, watch TV, read a book or go for a walk on the beach.
What does the term ‘witch’ mean to you?
A spiritual woman who may or may not use mystical devices to bend reality.
There is the last slice of cake at a tea party, do you take it?
If this is the Mad Hatter’s tea party, then yes and let the fun begin. Regular tea party, then probably no.
What’s your favorite hot beverage?
Gløgg (Finnish mulled wine, but they add vodka & schnapps.)
What is your witchy/pagan/occult specialty?
I’m a pisces so I’m naturally psychic/intuned to the esoteric. I’m good at reading minds. I’m best with herbology: incenses, tinctures & teas. I’m trying to learn Runes & have a intermediate Tarot abilities.
Name something that made you laugh so hard you cried.
Good lord…I can’t remember. I was probably over some inside joke my brothers and I have from childhood.
Depends on the day. Do not come near me with raisins! You’ve been warned.
Amarige by Givenchy is the scent everyone knows me by. Lately I’ve been in to D&G’s la Roue de la Fortune and Tempérance. L’Impératrice is nice for daytime too. (Ironic considering we just talked tarot.)
Quiz Show; Bachelor Party.
If you could be anyone from history, who would you be and why?
Not Marie Antoinette, that’s for sure! I guess any noble-born or royal lady with access to many tiaras and other enormous jewels who lived a long, cushy life, was married to somebody they loved and didn’t have to suffer any wars. At first that sounded generic, now it sounds like I’m asking for the moon. That’s quite specific.
Can anyone think of an historic female who fits this criteria?