Well, technically it’s a corona not a chaplet, but if you want to split hairs, check Tiara Terminology for further reference!
Anywhoo, if the title hasn’t given it away, We here at Tiaras and Trinon have received another award: the One Lovely Blog Award. Wow, I can’t believe people think so highly of a blog about jeweled headgear and Marie Antoinette’s life. (I know, round pegs and 1 really large square hole.) Back on topic!
Thank you for your enthusiasm and support, http://thewayofthechiro.wordpress.com/
You can choose to accept to deny, but I encourage accept as these awards are like a chain letter but instead of threatening bad luck, they drive your site stats up for a day or two! Sweet!
These are the rules, should you choose to accept them:
- Thank the person who nominated you (manners, people! manners!)
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
- Share 7 things about you.
- Pass the award on to seven nominees
- Include this set of rules (important, otherwise confusion and mass hysteria ensues
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
It’s the Seven Things About Me that always trips me up. ALWAYS!
- I read most of your posts on my iPad while I do cardio at the gym. If some of my comments seem overly enthusiastic, it’s ‘cos I’m zooted on adrenaline. (LA is so dumb. No public transport = no passive exercise so we have to go run like hamsters in a wheel.
- I studied dance for many years, many different disciplines and was quite good. (Still am, I like to think.) Nevertheless, I still clip my hipbone on the same end table as I walk by at least twice a day.
- I love TV. LOVE it. And not just the good shows like “Mad Men” and “Downton.” I can’t get enough of those cartoons like “Family Guy” and “Archer.” Sometimes I wake my husband up laughing as I watch in bed.
- Everyone tells me I appear much taller than I am. (It must be my faerie glamour…)
- Many of my happiest childhood memories (and adult memories, if I absolutely must count as an adult) were contained in Shea Stadium. I’ll never forgive the City for tearing it down and putting Citibank’s crummy “ballpark” in its place. (Dumb thing looks like it came out of SkyMall.) The very last part of Shea to be torn down was the central staircase; it happened on my birthday.
- This blog isn’t THE girliest thing about me, but I think it secretly bugged my dad and I had to reassure him I still watch nine hours of football on Sunday. (More if we watch European football too.)
- I’ve always had a fascination with Russia (or the USSR when I was real small). I’ve always wanted to travel the entire route of the Trans-Siberian railroad [First Class Accommodations, naturally]. On a related note, I’m obsessed with matryoshka dolls. (AKA Russian nesting dolls.) I recently acquired a set that are actually a set of six measuring cups. Sweet!
Okay, now that I’ve bored the bejeezus out of you all, let’s get to the main event. So, without further ado and in no particular order, here are my fifteen nominees totally worth checking out so click those hyperlinks!
- rose of europe
- the balanced soul
- madame de pique
- the life and times of a forever witch
- the history vault
- SSS news and notes
- saints, sisters and sluts
- the freelance history writer
- lorraine’s ooh-la-la
- the wandering youth
- map of time: a trip into the past
- red poppy seeds
- the Tudor blog
Congratulations nominees! Only the highest esteem is lauded upon you with my glittering pixie dust! As a bonus, you can choose from either the above image for your award or this one below:
some of the stuff that got me nominated?
- For a Few Chaplets More… (m@ style) (tiarasandtrianon.wordpress.com)
- marie antoinette’s shoes sold at auction. (tiarasandtrianon.wordpress.com)
- original court dress by Rose Bertin (tiarasandtrianon.wordpress.com)
- Throw Your Own Marie Antoinette Birthday! (tiarasandtrianon.wordpress.com)
- Who is more colorful: QE2 or Ladurée Marcaroons? (tiarasandtrianon.wordpress.com)
- Tiara Time! Ena’s Aquamarine Tiara (tiarasandtrianon.wordpress.com)