Arrgh! I have had the most annoying writers’ block for two days…but not writers’ block exactly. I have three really excellent topics that will make for epic posts, but the right words just aren’t coming…and there are only so many photo collages I can make to accompany what is obviously NOT the mot juste.
Good thing it’s awards season. So we can catch up on that and still have a Monday post. Sweet.
First up, my second lauding of the Liebster Award in a month. Interesting that the award graphic is so different than last time…many thanks to Madame de Pique for nominating me! Do check out her stuff!
- Mind your manners and give thanks.
- Tell 11 things about yourself – I know. It’s weird for me too.
- Answer to the best of your ability the 11 questions that are asked of you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for this award – let them know too, surely, since keeping it to yourself would be mean…and pointless
- Ask the above nominees 11 questions, you can use the questions proffered to you or pen your own.
Eleven Things about myself
- I have a weird strain of writers’ block
- I studied abroad in Madrid. That’s why my husband is from Madrid.
- My step-grandma was Polish. I’ve often wondered if this gives me license to tell Polish jokes.
- I hate to eat alone…so I don’t. I have smoothies or other things that sustain but you don’t chew.
- I constantly feel like I’m not drinking enough water. I need one of those bottles like in a hamster cage.
- I live on the second floor of a two-apartment house across the street from the beach & the open Pacific. Sometimes I stare out the window & wonder how big my lungs would have to be for Japan to hear me scream.
- I drive a yellow VW beetle. Stick shift. Automatic is no fun.
- I currently suffer from the yips when it comes to washing wine glasses. Last time, I took out two at once. We’re down to one; February was rough. I’m so skittish about it we’re drinking wine out of jelly glasses.
- I’d rather have my head smashed repeatedly in a bathroom stall door at the Lake Muskego Chipotle than suffer through Captain Corelli’s Mandolin again.
- I really hate just rattling off stuff about myself. It’s never anything interesting & I am an interesting person. (I swear!)
- I damn-near require vases of fresh-cut flowers in the house. We don’t have any right now and it’s making me flinch-y.
My answers to the eleven questions (The same ones Mme. de Pique was asked, btw)
- Why did you start blogging? I finally started blogging after years of starting a blog and forgetting about it to keep my writing muscles in form while I’m in between novels. ie, one has yet to be published & I need an idea for the next one. It’s also nice to be in touch with other writers. I’m glad I finally did it.
- Do you find that you usually prefer the book or movie version? Since I was a child I always read the book in anticipation of the film and then found the film wildly disappointing. Disappointing to the point of disgust. So I now make a point of NOT reading the book before the film. In fact, if I dislike the movie, it’s not necessarily a deterrent from the book.
- Are you wearing jewelry right now? Bonus points if it’s a parure. If I had a parure…I can’t finish that conditional statement it makes me want a parure SO badly! YES! I am wearing jewelry right now—less than usual ‘cos I’m at home. I’m wearing my wedding/engagement rings and a yellow citrine pendant on a gold chain.
- Name 5 places you would never want to visit again. Heathrow Airport; this Chipotle franchise in Lake Muskego, Wisconsin; Rennert Bilingual English Academy in NYC; this Mexican restaurant on Catalina. I wish I remember the name so I could warn you; Joe Heidt Motors in Ramsey, NJ.
- Ocean or lake? Ocean, duh!
- What is the first book you couldn’t live without? “The Ordinary Princess” by M.M. Kaye.
- Are you one of those bloggers that believe that people resemble their icons? I’m not sure. Mine does…my original icon looked like me more. But me in high school. This is a weird question.
- If you were alive in 1902 would you be tempted to ride in one of those new car-things or would you prefer to continue driving your four-in-hand? Car. It’s fun to try new things.
- Which actor has provided you with your favorite rendition of Sherlock Holmes? RDJ. He’s so easy on the eyes.
- You’re getting dressed for work. You open your closet and find your clothes are not from this decade. Are you happy about this? What decade do you hope is represented? This is such an odd question because (1) I don’t currently have a job at an office so I don’t have work clothing. (2) Finding clothing from another decade would be a gift, therefore, as I don’t have much. I’d really like Versailles-style late 18th Century. I hope along with this new wardrobe I encounter a servant-lady in my closet. I doubt I can lace myself into a Gran Corps by myself.
- Have you ever mixed a cocktail—for yourself or others? And if you have, can you mix a tall Bloody Mary—now? I’ve mixed so many cocktails. (Silently reminisces. Smiles at a private memory.) Both for myself and definitely for others…I love playing barmaid! I can certainly mix a Bloody Mary; I do mine with extra horseradish! Yum!
the magnificent Eleven
- Russel Ray Photos
- The First Dark
- First Night Design
- The World’s Top 10 of Anything
- Belle Grove Plantation
- the Traveling Pear
- Angelyn’s Blog
- Queen Dilly Dally
Eleven riveting, poignant questions
See above–psych! You have to answer the same ones I did. I’m sure the questions get stranger the more degrees away from Kevin Bacon we get…